I phrase the title this way because “Right Now” might be a different date on the business calendar or the economic cycle, but “Right Now” is pretty consistent.
In any business cycle, I’ve found that executives and business leaders are always looking for 3 things:
- Certainty: Even though the only thing in life that they can be certain of is change.
- Stability: Even though history shows that destabilizing events can happen at any moment.
- New Opportunities: Even in declining businesses, you see businesses finding new opportunities. Just look at Redbox…DVD rentals wouldn’t be the top of the list of growing businesses, would it?
- These are universal feelings. They aren’t new ideas.
- Get ‘The Business of Value’ each week, FREE!