I’m playing with a new backend for my blog to help me reestablish the ability to auto publish my blog to Twitter.
As a way to ensure that this thing works, I’m going to give you a quick bonus post with 25 ways to make more sales in 2018…just spitballing here.
Brainstorming in action:
- Talk to more of your targeted buyers: We’ve all been there, taking a meeting with anyone. That sucks your energy and likely cuts down on your sales, let’s not do that again this year.
- Focus on outcomes: If we listen to people around us, we might hear that everyone is price sensitive. That’s true if you don’t raise your perceived value. Raise your perceived value by focusing on outcomes.
- Ask for referrals: Salespeople don’t do this nearly enough. I know that it is exceptionally rare for sales agents to do it in sports business and several of the other areas that I work with regularly.
- Prospect more: We all can do more prospecting. I can guarantee that. If you aren’t prospecting enough, you won’t have enough meetings.
- Improve your closing rate: I don’t necessarily love the idea of always be closing, but I think if you measure your closing rate and increase the shots you take…you’ll make more sales.
- Focus on creating higher customer spend: All sales are always good sales. If you have a customer you want to make sure you give them the chance to maximize the money they invest with you.
- Get repeat customers: An area that a lot of us neglect is making sure that the customers we have stay as customers. Retention can help boost your sales in 2018.
- Try new modes of prospecting: We have inbound sales, outbound sales, inside sales, outside sales, email marketing, and a bunch of others. The cool thing is that with so much options, we have a pretty good chance to try something new that might improve our prospecting. So make a little time each day to create opportunities to improve and grow your prospecting tool kit.
- Find ways to use marketing concepts to open sales conversations: I’m a big fan of creating opportunities for sales and marketing to work more closely together. And, I think the best salespeople in the future are going to think about sales with the POV of a marketer. So to open more sales opportunities this year, think about how you can act more like a marketer by creating events, or connections, or opportunities to talk with your market.
- Focus on self-improvement: Like all parts of business, sales is changing rapidly. Your job is to stay ahead of the curve so that you don’t become a sales dinosaur. You need to make self-improvement a part of your life. Maybe try to read a book on sales a month. Subscribe to a blog or podcast. Whatever, invest in yourself. That’ll help you make money.