The title was meant to sound spammy, but I wanted to highlight that your revenue generation is a process.
And, one that if you spend a lot of time thinking about it, a process that can be repeated over and over again.
So here are the 10 areas that I think you need to pay attention to.
- Vision: You need to have a vision of where you want to go as an organization.
- Short-term goals: All long-term plans start with short-term actions.
- Long-term goals: Everything you do should have some payoff over the time.
- Marrying short-term and long-term: The best strategies have a mix of everything.
- Innovation: Is about changing the customer’s expectation.
- Expansion: Can you add to your market, add more value, or increase your customer base?
- Internal factors: How are you dealing with people inside the organization and how they are doing the things you need for the organization to grow?
- External factors: What does the customer’s world look like? How does that impact you?
- Partnerships: Who should you be working with? Who are you working with?
- Pricing: Do you have your prices right?
These obviously aren’t the only factors at play, but they are the most important ones. They provide much of the foundation for a lot of the things you are going to deal with throughout your organization’s lifecycle.