As we head through the tunnel of the pandemic to the other side, a few questions come to mind:
- How do we make decisions now?
- How do we avoid having too many decisions or activities clouding our focus?
- What can we do to avoid the dreaded average?
- What can we do to predict whether or not our strategy is going to work in an environment where we don’t have a playbook or any past examples?
I keep coming back to a couple of core ideas:
- Strategy isn’t fixed. You are constantly evolving.
- Most of what is called strategy is BS. I’m going to peg the number at around 80% or more of what is called strategy isn’t strategy, but juiced up tactics.
- And, strategy requires you to make decisions.