As we head into the first week of 2021 and we all try to get back to some sort of normalcy or some point where the pandemic isn’t hanging over us constantly like it is in a lot of the places in the West, I wanted to jot down a few ideas to help launch my thinking for the new year.
Maybe these 10 ideas for how to approach your business’s marketing this year in the face of the pandemic, whatever financial impacts the pandemic continues to have, and other factors that will cause us trouble as we head into 2021.
Here are 10 questions to ask yourself about how you are going to market your business in 2021:
- What kind of research are you going to do to make sure you are focusing on the right things in 2021?
- Do you have the information you need to do a proper segmentation? And, are you going to segment based on behavior?
- What is our position going to be in our market this year?
- Do we know where we are going to compete for business?
- How are we going to package our value this year?
- What is our pricing going to look like? How are we going to get there?
- Do we have a map of the touchpoints we are going to use to build up to a sale?
- What will our distribution look like?
- How will we promote our brand and our offering?
- Are we keeping our focus on what our business looks like to our customers?