I’ve started a practice that I learned listening to James Altucher’s podcast where I write down 10 ideas for something I am trying to overcome or solve.
I do this daily.
Sometimes the ideas are about something I am dealing with.
Sometimes the ideas are about something I notice in the news.
Or, sometimes I just pull stuff out of thin air to tackle.
All that is leading to the idea that drives today’s ideas.
Yesterday I received a poor prospecting email from a sports team and that got me to thinking about how you can make your prospecting more effective.
Here are 10 ideas to make your prospecting better, I hope!
- Have a better call to action.
- Keep your ask or your message simple.
- Focus on a specific market or buyer profile.
- Put the focus on the buyer, not on you.
- Be consistent in your prospecting.
- Use multiple forms of outreach.
- Get referrals
- Add value ASAP
- Have a scheduled prospecting time
- Test, learn, and adjust to what is working and what isn’t working.
What are some of the ways you make your prospecting more effective?