I had an extended conversation about marketing today and it got me to thinking about what works and what doesn’t work right now:
- Specificity works.
- Consistency works.
- Clarity works.
- Understanding a customer as a starting point works.
- Word of mouth works.
You might ask, what doesn’t work…and that’s fun to think about too.
- Scattered focus doesn’t work.
- Messages that try to be everything to everyone don’t work.
- Trying to use data to make every decision doesn’t work.
- Thinking every market knows what you know and reacts like you react doesn’t work.
- Discounts don’t work.
What does your list look like?