I was taking a walk this afternoon and got to thinking about Seth Godin’s latest book, This Is Marketing.
That got me to thinking about what marketing is today and whether or not that has changed over the years.
Here are a few of my ideas about what is important in marketing today.
- Marketing isn’t about more. That isn’t working and likely never did.
- Marketing when people are overwhelmed with noise is about cutting through the clutter.
- Marketing is everything you do.
- Marketing is about changing minds.
- Marketing is about creating actions.
- Marketing is about change.
- Marketing isn’t about being the loudest, the noisiest.
- Marketing is strategic.
Those are just eight ideas, but what do you think?
What is marketing to you?