As I’m heading to INTIX on Monday morning, I’ve been thinking about my goals for the conference.
As a regular conference attendee, I’m often amazed at how people don’t use a conference to the maximum of its potential.
Here are 10 ways to improve your networking at a conference:
- Have a plan for the people you want to meet.
- Set yourself a goal for new people you want to connect with.
- Add value from the start.
- Speak if you have the chance.
- Spend some time in the sessions.
- Spend more time focusing on people than on your technology.
- Focus your follow up.
- Make sure you are present at the social events.
- Reach out and set appointments to talk with key people in advance.
- Focus on relationships, not on meeting people. (Less is more.)